INFORMATION ON RESEARCH RESULTS
1. General information:
Project title: Balancing Control of Bicycle Robot using Robust and Optimal H2/H∞ Control with Reduced-Order Controllers.
Principle Investigator: Dr. Bui Trung Thanh
Implementing institution: Hung Yen University of Technology and Education
Duration: from 2/2009 to 11/2010 (completed)
- To design and develop a bicycle robot prototype with a flywheel balancing system which can carry loads with varied weights. The robot can be controlled for balancing even at a stationary position, going forward or backward, and turning left or right.
- To design, simulate and implement ACO-based reduced-order H2/H∞ controllers for balancing control of the designed bicycle robot.
- To implement designed controllers using C language programming on the microcontroller ATMEGA128.
- To evaluate the obtained controllers: Comparison of the proposed controllers with the conventional controllers (PID, full order H2/H∞ controllers) in term of performance, and practicality.
3. Creativeness and innovativeness:
To develop new control algorithms using ACO optimization method
4. Research results:
Developing two new control algorithms:
- Reduced-order H∞ loop shaping based on ACO applied to balancing control of bicycle robot.
- Robust and optimal reduced-order mixed H2/H∞ control based on ACO.
- Robot prototype
- One international journal (on Journal of Systems and Control Engineering)
- Two conference papers (Proceeding of the IEICE Workshop on Integrated Circuit Design in Vietnam and Proceeding of The 2010 International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications).